Roce Ceremony - Mumbai Wedding Photographer

Sunday, September 12, 2010 | |

Roce (pronounced as rose) is an important ceremony performed on the previous evening of the wedding day. In this ceremony a ritual hot water bath with anointing of oil and application of pure coconut juice is taken by the groom/the bride. This signifies the last bath that the bride or the groom will be taking in their bachelorhood/spinsterhood. With the ceremony of 'roce' the wedding celebration really begins. Both bride and bridegroom have to undergo this ceremony in their respective homes.

I will be frank here and say that this was the first roce ceremony for me although I have quiet a few manglorean/goan friends. Needless to say I really had fun shooting this unique ceremony. I wanted to capture the true essence of this ceremony and hence went complete documentary style :)
Please go to deepanetto.com to see more pictures of this ceremony


0 comments: